Call Us Now
Call us  +91-932-666-1234
Call us  1-877-211-8588
Hotel Search
Hotel Search
 
City
Check In
Check Out
No.Room(s)
No.Guest(s)
 
 
Hotel Type
Star Hotels

» All Saints Cathedral Church

All Saints Cathedral The beautiful All Saints Cathedral Church is an architectural landmark of Nagpur. Built in typical archaic church style architecture it is located in the heart of the city in Sadar area. The Anglican Cathedral of All Saints was designed in 1851 by Lieutenant-General Sir Richard Hieram Sankey and subsequently altered in 1879 by the gifted English architect G. F. Bodley.

The later alterations involved lengthening the nave, deepening the transepts and adding a chancel, two vestries and an organ chamber. This magnificent late 19th century Gothic style cathedral is located close to a busy intersection on Residency Road, just adjacent to the nearby Bishop Cotton School.

The Anglican Church has a Bishop at Nagpur who is the Head of the Anglican diocese with Nagpur as headquarters. This diocese was founded in 1902 and consists of the Nagpur and Chattisgarh divisions of the former central Provinces. The church of All Saints is the cathedral Church of North India and the church runs the Hislop College, a full-fledged Arts and Science College.

The Church has been doing yeoman service in the community and runs the primary school in its precincts. The renowned Muir Memorial Hospital also belongs to the Church. All Saints Cathedral is the finest of churches in Nagpur and is a remarkable example of colonial architecture that includes beautiful windows, exceptional glass panels and the beautiful altar.